Planisphere 2, the Super Planisphere 30-38° North Latitude

Planisphere 2, the Super Planisphere 30-38° North Latitude Reviews



Other Picture


Planisphere 2, the Super Planisphere 30-38° North Latitude Feature

  • Enables you to quickly find Constellations, Bright Stars, Planets and even some Deep-Sky Objects.
  • 20 ten-inch diameter Star Maps show 56 Constellations, 66 Bright Stars and 33 Deep-Sky Objects.
  • Built-in Adjustable Compass with rotating scale allows precise adjustment for your location.
  • Ground Compass allows up to 10 Star Maps to be used at the same time in groups and astronomy labs.
  • Four models available that work around the World between 18° and 60° North Latitude.
Planisphere 2, the Super Planisphere takes the pain out of learning the night sky. It uses a patented 3-step process that enables you to quickly find and identify constellations, bright stars, planets and even some deep-sky objects. Four models work around the world between 18° and 60° north latitude. This version of Planisphere 2 works worldwide from 18-30° north latitude. We also have versions for 30-38°, 38-46° and 46-60° available in our store. Some of my fondest memories are of long evening time walks that my mom would take me on when I was a young boy growing up in St. Louis. She would sometimes point out a bright star or constellation and tell me a little bit about it and about outer space. Astronomy soon became my hobby. I used a traditional planisphere to learn the constellations - and it wasn't easy. It took many long and sometimes freezing nights for me to finally get a good grasp on the night sky. Many years later, while teaching astronomy labs at Ft. Lewis College in Colorado, I came up with the concept of Planisphere 2 to make it easier for my students to learn the constellations. Using this device, they were able to quickly learn the night sky on their own. Planisphere 2 also served as an ideal teaching tool in my astronomy labs, where up to 10 students could use its star maps at the same time. Planisphere 2 may look intimidating, but it is really quite easy to use. After you do the process a few times, it'll become automatic, and you'll be finding and identifying constellations and bright stars your first night out. Once you learn the constellations, they can serve as your road map to the sometimes illusive planets and the faint deep-sky objects. If you're willing to spend the time outside under the stars, Planisphere 2 can be your guide to the wonders of the night sky. Many years ago, my mom's "star walks" planted the seed that grew into my own life-long appreciation of astronomy. I hope that Planisphere 2 can do the same for you.


Visit Store Now !!

Detail Products

Detail Reviews




Jul 20, 2011 07:16:18

0 comments:

Post a Comment